Through the study of history, students not only learn about the past, but also learn to shape the future. Whether it be American history or world history, there is a course offered covering it.
Besides History, students may also choose to study religion. Religion courses are designed to:
- Acquaint students with the Bible
- Acquaint students with the Christian Heritage
- Teach students about other great religious traditions
- Deepen their understanding of God, themselves and the human community
- Develop an appreciation of how religious studies relate to other academic disciplines
Another offer exists for students who choose to join this department, and that is the study of philosophy. The word "philosophy" means, literally, "the love of wisdom."
A philosophy major will encourage students to engage in critical thinking and systematic inquiry into questions of:
- The meaning of life
- The nature of reality
- Truth and justification
- Knowledge and belief
- Religion and Science
- Personal morality
- Social justice