The purpose of the Exercise Science program is to prepare students to serve in such capacities as exercise leader, physiologist, physical trainer/coach, and therapist. Union College’s curriculum prepares the Exercise Science student to make meaningful choices and informed decisions based on a curriculum which includes a variety of on and off campus learning experiences. In addition, the Exercise Science program promotes professionalism and personal responsibility.
- students will demonstrate an understanding of the development of the Exercise Science discipline through history and a variety of cultures, to its present status in theUnited States
- students will demonstrate a functional understanding of the anatomy and physiological processes of the human body
- students will demonstrate proficiency in a variety of laboratory and fitness testing equipment and testing procedures
- students will develop proficiency in using a variety of workplace related technology such as: word processing, spreadsheet, and graphic presentation software
- students will act in an ethical way, and treat all clients with respect. Students will also become familiar with the day-to-day responsibilities of a teacher/leadership position through the Internship program
View our Curriculum Plans.