Finding Aid 24
Union College Archives
UC 30.2 B&G – Miscellaneous
Record Group : 30
Collection : 2
Location : Archive Box
Processing Information : Finding Aid created by
Bruce Miracle on May 15, 2007.
- Typed one-paragraph description of the buildings on campus (date unknown probably early 1980‘s).
- One blueprint page labeled "Girls Dormitory Barbourville Ky" (only shows first floor—poor condition).
- Newspaper clipping (1 original, 1 photocopy) from Courier Journal & Times, Sept. 3, 1972 entitled, "Oldest Louisville 'skyscraper‘ to be razed, another renovated" – reports the planned demolition of the Kenyon Building in Louisville, KY – "The structure was given to Union College, Barbourville, Ky., by the will of Mrs. Fannie Speed four years after it was built."
- Speed Hall – Photocopy from 1922 Stespean with a picture of Speed Hall and a brief description of its history and use (added 6/29/2012)
- Tour of the Union College Campus (two page photocopy) – no date, but is after 1990 – this ‘tour” is a listing of the buildings on the UC campus with brief descriptions (added 6/29/2012)
- Union College Building Histories (Photocopy) – Office of Admission, April 1996 – has brief descriptions with photographs (added 6/29/2012)
- Building Descriptions (Photocopy) – no title, but first page begins with “Stevenson Hall” – Short descriptions of a different UC building on each page (added 6/29/2012)