Finding Aid Number 2
Union College Archives
UC 28.1 Centennial Celebration-General
Record Group : 28
Collection : 1
Physical Description : Manila Folders
Location : Archive Boxes (two boxes)
Source : Various College divisions and individuals.
Contents Notes : A variety of items relating to the Union College Centennial of 1979, mostly created during the 1978-79 school year.
Box 1 (Folders 1-7):
- Centennial Campus Advisory Committee Minutes; Tape of Founders’ Convocation Address; Union College Alumnus Newsletter (Dec 1978 – Winter 1979).
- Items concerning the Centennial oratorio, “Elijah”.
- Various photographs and clippings related to Centennial Activities including a photograph of Colonel Harland Sanders and a photocopy of the “Centennial Recital” program.
- Programs for the Spring 1979 graduation; Letters and citations relating to the recipients of honorary degrees; John Wesley Award program; miscellaneous.
- Centennial Ball photographs.
- Centennial Homecoming program, photographs and documents.
- Centennial recital, banquet, & worship photographs, clippings, miscellaneous.
Box 2 (Folders 8-13):
- Convocation & Parent’s Day items including programs and Union College Bulletin – Parent’s Edition.
- Centennial Lecture items including photographs and “Tapes for two of Centennial Lectures (April 2-3, 1979)”.
- Centennial Faculty Lecture items.
- Centennial Publicity Committee clippings and letters.
- Minutes etc. of the Centennial Campus Advisory Committee.
- Centennial Honor’s Day items.