Bruce Miracle on May 15, 2007.
- Copies of newspaper clippings: One entitled “Union College’s first great benefactress” (about Fanny Speed) (source unknown); and the other from The Union College Centennial Magazine (1879-1979) showing pictures of the class of 1879, Speed hall and the campus in 1905.
- Newspaper clippings from the 1979 Barbourville Advocate printing excerpts from W.G. Marigold’s updating of the college history, Union College, 1879-1979.
- Clipping from the April, 1981 Kentucky Coal Journal promoting the Union College Coal Technology major.
- Clipping from the July 30, 1981 Louisville Courier-Journal about the 18th Union College Aerospace Workshop for teachers.
Folder 2 (Time Capsule - Vault) [added February 5, 2016]
Contents Note: The Knox County Historical Society buried a time capsule vault in front of Centennial Hall on in 1980 to be unearthed and opened during the Union College Bicentennial in 2079.
- An article from the October 16, 1980 Barbourville Advocate newspaper (copied in two sections) with a picture and news story about the burial of a time vault in front of Centennial Hall on October 10 by the Knox County Historical Society. The article provides a listing of the items placed in the vault
- An article from the Summer 2011 issue of the Union College Alumni Magazine concerning a time capsule vault that was buried in front of Centennial Hall in 1962 and is due to be unearthed in 2012