Finding Aid 58
Union College Archives
UC 32.3 Daniel Boone Festival
Record Group : 32 (Local Community)
Collection : 3
Location : Archive Box
Processing Information : Finding Aid created by
Bruce Miracle on April 2, 2012.
Note : The Daniel Boone Festival was created in 1948 by Union College Professor Karl Bleyl. It has since expanded to a one week celebration for the entire community. A key part of the Festival is the annual signing of the Cane Treaty (also created by Dr. Bleyl) with members of the Eastern Band of the Cherokee Nation. The Daniel Boone Festival is held during the first full week in October.
- 46th Daniel Boone Festival October 2-9 1993; Just Passing Through (pbk Booklet) (4 copies)
- 48th Daniel Boone Festival Sep. 30 – Oct. 7, 1995: Back to Simpler Times (pbk Booklet)
- 56th Daniel Boone Festival October 6-11, 2003: The Westward Movement (pbk Booklet)
- 57th Daniel Boone Festival October 4-9, 2004: Boone’s Wilderness Trail (pbk Booklet)
- 62nd Daniel Boone Festival: Commemorating Daniel Boone – 275 Years, October 4-10, 2009. 56 pages. (pbk Booklet) (3 copies)
- 65th Daniel Boone Festival: Honoring Boone (pbk Booklet)