Welcome to CineScribe’s Movie Reviews by Sean Jump!
Movies are powerful storytelling vehicles, and thankfully I have been given the opportunity to share my love of the medium through a weekly column in the Barbourville Mountain Advocate and this webpage. I always try to point out the good and bad in any film I review, as well as why I think a particular movie either makes the grade or fails. All films are rated on a five-star rating system, defined as follows:
* Poor. A waste of time and money.
* * Below Average. A few redeeming qualities, but still disappointing.
* * * Average. A film that may be perfectly entertaining, but which nonetheless fails to distinguish itself.
* * * * Excellent. A well-done film in every major respect, well worth seeing.
* * * * * Superior. An outstanding, virtually flawless all-around film: a classic of its genre.