Middle School Education
Union’s Department of Educational Studies believes educators must be transformative leaders in order to facilitate the change necessary to create quality schools that influence the lives of children. Our students become such leaders through a curriculum grounded in educational theory, ethics and professionalism, diversity, pedagogy, technology, practical teaching experience, and the liberal arts.
Graduates of our program are prepared to become certified teachers in Kentucky and/ or to pursue graduate study. Students who wish to teach in other states may work with advisors to ensure certification requirements are met.
- Close working relationships with area educators and educational leaders.
- Experiential learning provided through all stages of the program.
- Highly accomplished alumni, including state and national award winners.
- Accredited by the Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board.
- Small class sizes allow for personal attention and mentoring.
- Student-teaching available in diverse school settings.
- Union also offers master’s programs in education.
- Preparation support for PRAXIS tests.
- Students may apply for UConnect, a mentoring program that matches students with successful alumni in education.
To view the Curriculum Plan, please click this link: