Teacher Leader is a graduate education program that models best practices for leadership, service, and research. Through upper-level content course offerings and multiple delivery options to meet the demands of working professionals in the education field, candidates in the program are able to develop additional expertise in their content area. Upon completion of the program, graduates can apply to the Education Professional Standards Board (EPSB) for a Teacher as Leader Endorsement.
The Teacher Leader program features a 12-hour specialization component that allows candidates to take upper division courses in various content areas
- Teacher Leader: Educational Policy
- Teacher Leader: Cultural Competency
Examples of possible career pathways include but are not limited to:
- Implementing professional learning communities (PLC) within their school districts
- Developing and leading Response to Intervention (RTI) teams within their schools
- Introducing new models for curriculum and instruction for their schools
- Serving on Site Based Decision Making Councils
- Serving on district technology advisor boards
- Serving on assessment advisory boards to provide current research on student assessment i.e. assessment of learning vs. assessment of learning, formative and summative assessment procedures, and student self-assessment
- Assisting in the development of professional development opportunities for their schools based on their knowledge of current research including student achievement, community building, and resource allocation
- Employment as curriculum coaches, assessment coordinators, director of federal programs, coordinator for extended school services, and professional development liaisons.
For more information, contact: