Union offers five Master of Arts (MA) degree programs for students seeking their initial master’s degree. All of our degrees are approved by the Education Professional Standards Board (EPSB) and are designed for teachers seeking rank change for salary purposes, or non-teaching administrators toward the improvement of student learning and of educational settings.
Union also offers an Alternative Certification program designed for individuals who have a bachelor’s degree and who wish to earn a teaching certificate.
Union offers five Master Degree Programs designed for teachers seeking rank change for salary purposes.
Master Degree Programs for Certified Teachers
- MA Educational Leadership
- MA Health/Physical Education
- MA Reading and Writing
- MA Special Education – LBD
MA Teacher as Leader
Master Degree Programs that lead to an Endorsement:
MA Teacher as Leader leads to a Teacher as Leader (KTLE) endorsement
MA Reading and Writing leads to Reading and Writing P-12 (MAE) endorsement
Master Degree Programs that lead to a Certification:
- MA Special Education – LBD and successfully passing the PRAXIS II exam will qualify for certification.
Requirements to complete the admission process:
- Complete the graduate application
- Pay the $25 Application Fee
- Submit Official Undergraduate transcripts (& Graduate transcripts if you have transfer credit to be considered).
* A maximum of nine semester hours from a recognized and regionally accredited graduate school may be transferred toward the M.A. degree.