Public Access Computers and Labs
- Library Computer Lab and Reference Center - equipped with 33 Microsoft Windows 7 based computers; 20 in the computer lab and 13 in the Reference Center. Inquiries about use of this lab should be directed to the Library Circulation Desk. A number of laptops are also available for overnight lending.
- Hensley Lab - Primarily used for classes, the Hensley Lab, located upstairs in the Science Center, contains 21 Microsoft Windows 7 based computers. Inquiries about use of this lab should be directed to the Department of Business.
- Academic Resource Center (ARC) Lab - Used primarily for Student Support Services, the ARC contains 16 Microsoft Windows XP based computers. The ARC is located on the main floor of Centennial Hall. The Career Center additionally offers 8 PCs. Inquiries about use of these facilities should be directed to the Office of Special Programs.
- Patridge Campus Center - 4 Microsoft Windows 7 based computers available for general student-use. Located on the second floor of the Campus Center in the student lounge area.
- Writing Lab – Centennial Hall - 7 PCs
- The Black Technology Center houses a self-contained digital video recording studio equipped with professional video cameras, audio facilities, lighting, controls, staging, and a control booth.
- Audio/video duplication equipment is available upstairs in the Black Technology Center.
- Union College provides an audio/video streaming server for multimedia broadcasting of campus events, recorded lectures, and related programming.
- The Union College Website —Whether you need to register for a class, see what’s happening this week on campus, or look up your professor’s email address, the Union College website (located at www.unionky.edu) is your one-stop-shop for all your information needs.
- Union Webmail - Union College is happy to provide students with a email@example.com email account. You can access your account from the Union College website. Features include a global address book, calendar, personal folders, spam filtration, and a host of other features.
- Library & Information Resources — The Weeks-Townsend Memorial Library provides a variety of print, non-print, and electronic resources to meet your information and research needs. The online public access catalog, OPAC, as well as a plethora of other resources, is accessible from the Union College website.
- MyUnion Portal — (located at my.unionky.edu) View your grades and course history, download an unofficial transcript, view course descriptions and schedules, view financial/account information, even calculate your GPA, and much more! You may access this service by logging in with your Union College username and password (same as that used for email).
- uLearn – (located at uLearn.unionky.edu) uLearn is your resource for online classes and face-to-face classes utilizing online components. Whether you simply access your syllabus online or take an entire online class, Union’s uLearn site will help connect you to the resources you need.
Student printing and copying is available from the Weeks-Townsend Library. Student printing is assessed at a rate of $0.05 for black-and-white and $0.15 for color for each page printed. The first $15 (equivalent to 750 b&w pages) is on the house!
Faculty and staff are provided access to high-quality, high-speed multi-function printing and scanning facilities in each of our academic and administraive buildings.
Wired and Wireless Network Access
- Wired internet access is available in every building on campus.
- Wireless Internet access is available in all residence halls, academic buildings, and outdoor athletic facilities. When searching for a wireless connection from a residence hall within the coverage area, you should connect to the “UnionKY” network.
- Union College provides Cisco VoIP telephony and voicemail services to all campus facilities. Due to the prevalance of mobile devices, individual dorm room telephone voicemail service is available by request only. Contact your RA or Residence Life for voicemail instructions if you plan to use a land-line phone in your dorm room. Appropriately-labeled cable TV and voice connections are available in each dorm room. Students are responsible for providing their own connection cables.
- All dorm rooms and college facilities are provided with CATV service via Barbourville Cable. Appropriately-labeled cable TV and voice connections are available in each dorm room. Students are responsible for providing their own connection cables. The Barbourville Cable channel lineup can be found here: http://www.barbourville.com/cable.php