Tennessee Students

Important Information for Tennessee Students


We have two programs in the Department of Education at the graduate level that are now available to Tennessee residents. Currently, those programs are:

A special opportunity for Tennessee residents - Apply Now


Union College is a special-purpose institution established to serve the academic needs of a diverse community in a dynamic, personal environment. We strive to promote intellectual, spiritual, and physical enrichment of faculty, staff, and students, and the economic growth and health of our Appalachian community. 

We are authorized for operation as a postsecondary educational institution by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission.  This authorization must be renewed each year and is based on minimum standards of quality of education, ethical business practices, health and safety, and fiscal responsibility.

Will my credits transfer?


Institutions have a responsibility to advise potential enrollees that transfer of credit is controlled by the receiving institution and that accreditation does not guarantee transferability.  Any student interested in transferring credit hours should check with the receiving institution directly to determine to what extent, if any, credit hours can be transferred. For more information regarding transferability of credits, please read the Transferability of Disclosure Statement*.

What are the course fees?


The total cost of tuition for the Education Specialist and Educational Leadership programs can be found here.

*Transferability of Credit Disclosure Statement:
Credits earned at Union College may not transfer to another educational institution. Credits earned at another educational institution may not be accepted by Union College. You should obtain confirmation that Union College will accept any credits you have earned at another educational institution before you execute an enrollment contract or agreement. You should also contact any educational institutions that you may want to transfer credits earned at Union College to determine if such institutions will accept credits earned at Union College prior to executing an enrollment contract or agreement. The ability to transfer credits from Union College to another educational institution may be very limited. Your credits may not transfer and you may have to repeat courses previously taken at Union College if you enroll in another educational institution. You should never assume that credits will transfer to or from any educational institution. It is highly recommended and you are advised to make certain that you know the transfer of credit policy of Union College and of any other educational institutions you may in the future want to transfer the credits earned at Union College before you execute an enrollment contract or agreement. Tennessee Code Ann. § 49-7-144 (2)

Grievance Statement for Tennessee Students: 

Any grievances not resolved on the institutional level may be forwarded to the Tennessee Higher Education Commission, Nashville, TN 37243-0830, (615) 741-5293.

Federal Student Loan Default Rate (PDF)